Friday, January 7, 2011

A Critique and a Conversion

The previous post, a critique of an essay written by Darrell Cole about C. S. Lewis' opposition to pacifism, has attracted some attention. A commenter called jackelliot79 posted several comments. Since we've received very little feedback on this blog thus far, I thought I would capitalize on this new activity with a few more posts in the hopes of generating even greater interest. I've agreed to procure and read Lewis' essay Why I am not a pacifist and critique it directly. But in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to post a link to an excellent essay by a blogger named David W. Congdon entitled "My Conversion to an Evangelical Pacifism" that was originally featured on Halden Doerge's excellent blog Inhabitatio Dei.

Of particular relevance to the previous post, I found, was Congdon's description of Lewis' arguments in Why I am not a pacifist as "criminally weak."

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment